I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso

I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso
- Euan Uglow

Monday 14 May 2012

the fight

This was the last piece that I painted in the 12 hour exam last week.  It's from one of the photos I took from the inspiration of the Holi festival (photos are already on here somewhere down there).  Instead of using a colour photograph though I used on of the ones i edited black and white, making the whole scene a lot more menacing and scary.  The clouds of paint appear more like clouds of dust after an explosion, this makes the people look more vulnerable or violent.  I added dark purples and blues so that it wasn't all just plain black and white, and I think the end result is quite effective.  It's very rushed as I did it with only an hour and a half left to go, so to get it completed in the time was a feat in itself! A0 size, acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment