I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso

I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso
- Euan Uglow

Thursday 1 November 2012

Painting towards abstraction





First week of elective projects, I chose a Fine Art brief on painting.  It's so different from the style that I normally paint in, so I was doubtful that I'd get into to the swing of things, but I actually found that it was quite fun.  These are painted from looking at a glass jar full of random objects, like material, a bracelet, shells, etc.  The idea was to focus on colour and shape, and become more abstract with each study.  Our initial studies were drawn by looking at the jar, then the next set of development paintings were done from just looking at the studies.
(Oil on paper and wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment